What is Baptism? [Video]
Frequently Asked Questions
- To follow the example set by Jesus (Mark 1:9)
- Because Christ commands it (Matthew 28:19-20)
- It demonstrates that I really am a believer (Acts 8:18) ( 1John 2:3
- It illustrates Christ’s burial/death and resurrection. (1 Cor. 15:3-4) (Col. 2:12)
- It illustrates my new life as a Christian. (2 Corinthians 5:17) (Romans 6:4)
- Baptism does not make you a believer…it shows that you are one already. Baptism does not “save” you. Only your personal faith in Jesus Christ can do that. (Eph. 2:8-9)
- Because Jesus was baptized that way (Matt. 3:16)
- Every baptism in the bible was by immersion (Acts 8:38-39)
- In the Greek text, the word “baptize” means “to dip under water.” It best symbolized death, burial and resurrection!
Every person who has believed in Christ (Acts 2:41 and 8:12-13)
Just a soon as possible after you have accepted Jesus into your heart. (Acts 2:41 and 8:35-38)
Profession of Faith
• I believe in the Jesus of the Bible; that He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life in human flesh; that He died on the cross to pay for my sins; that He rose from the dead on the third day; and that He now lives at the right hand of the Father.
• I confess that Jesus is the Son of the only living God who created me and all that is. I confess that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
• I have placed my trust in Jesus alone for forgiveness of my sins and have I have committed to live my life to please Him.