Some helpful info.
At Wooster Nazarene we want to ensure that your children are safe and protected. Our centralized check-in area is for families who have children ages birth-6th grade. Household information is gathered as well as a photo of each family member. Upon check-in, each child receives a numbered name tag for the day. The adult dropping the children off will receive a tag with all their children’s numbers that will be required to present upon check-out. If the parent is needed during the service, a text message will be sent to your phone from our system.
Our Lil’ Sprouts classrooms are arranged by 1-year increments. Children will move to the next room when they have a birthday. Two exceptions are for infants who will be promoted to the 1’s class when they are walking well and the 6 year olds who will all move up to NazKIDZ together at the end of May.
All of our classrooms are for well children. Please keep your child with you in service if the following symptoms are displayed within the past 24 hours: fever, diarhea, vomiting, eye infections, lice, non-clear runny nose, rash.
- Our infant room is staffed with individuals who have a tender heart for babies. We take care to ensure that the infant room is a clean and safe place for your child.
- Please be sure to label all pacifiers, blankets, bottles etc. with their name or initials on them.
- Each child will have a numbered nametag placed on their back. If you are needed out of the service you will receive a text message from our system. As part of our safety policy, parents are required to present the matching numbered sticker at check-out.
- During each service the children will be checked for diaper changes.
- There is a comfortable Mom’s Nursing Area within our infant room equipped with a TV to watch the service, soft chair, changing area and sink.
- Our toddler class is equipped with age appropriate toys and activities that will capture their attention. These classrooms are staffed with loving volunteers who understand that it is sometimes difficult to separate from mom or dad. They will take great care in helping your child feel comfortable in the classroom setting.
- Simple structure of a Bible truth, snack, and activities begins in our 1-year old room.
- If your child has any food allergies, please inform the teacher. You may bring a snack that your child can enjoy within their diet.
- Please bring extra diapers and a change of clothes for your child. Be sure to label pacifiers, cups etc. with your child’s name or initials.
- During the preschool years, there is much learning taking place. This is such a great time to begin saturating our Lil’ Sprouts with God’s Word and sharing about His great love for them. Each classroom has an age appropriate structured storytime with a Bible truth, worship and prayer.
- We do serve a small snack to the children. If your child has food allergies, please notify the teacher. You may bring a snack for your child that fits into their diet plan.
- Take home pamphlets are given to children for parents to see what stories and verses we are learning that day and can be talked about during the week.
Our Lil’ Sprouts are led by a group of volunteers we call our “Serve Team”. This group is comprised of people who give of their time to lovingly create a place where kids feel at home. If you are interested in learning more about serving our Lil’ Sprouts once a month during one of the services you may contact Gail Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher: is responsible for overseeing the needs of the children in the room and preparing given activities that enhance the theme of the day.
Teacher’s assistant: will look for ways to assist the teacher. They are encouraged to engage with the children during playtime, assist during clean-up time, snack time and help maintain order.
Storyteller: will present the Bible story to 3-6 year-olds in a creative way that will be interactive and grab the attention of preschoolers.
Substitutes: will fill in for someone who is sick or out of town.
If you would like to volunteer with Lil’ Sprouts, please CLICK HERE to fill out an application form.